Saturday, September 14, 2013

First day of school 2013

The first day of school came so quickly this year.
Here is our first day of school from last year (top) and this year (bottom)  isn't it kinda fun to see how we've all changed in a year?!?
and time for more pictures!!!  I couldn't find my cutsie pages I had printed up last year, so 10 minutes before we left the house I created these master pieces!
Aubree is in the 5th grade this year and "5th graders don't hold signs and smile anymore" Merrick is excited to be going to the 2nd grade!
It just amazes me at how fast he grows! this year he is officially taller than Aubree by a whole inch and a 1/4! and all of those "extra" inches are full of personality! He's always dancing around and being so so funny

Aubree decided she was riding the bus on the first day, and still not smiling for any pictures!  but here she goes!
I think Aubree is liking her teacher. She didn't get the teacher EVERYONE wants. but I think this teacher will work out just fine.


I took Merrick to school and walked him to his class, but by this time I was starting to embarrass him, so we only got a "hurry and take my picture, before someone see's me" smile
Merrick is loving his teacher this year! Every day he would come home and say, "she didn't even yell!" I'm hoping that doesn't change. But I think it also gives me a little look at how he thought all teacher are, and how all of his teachers to this point have been. He's been loving the non-yelling teacher he got! Here's to a Non-yelling 2nd grade for Merrick

day two...  Look! I got two smiles while they waited for the bus!
Here's to a great school year!

No comments: