Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A trip to Boise Zoo

As summer is quickly coming to an end, we decided to take a quick trip up to Boise for some family fun!!

The kids absolutely LOVE the zoo, so that was a must. Even for a little zoo there was A LOT to see. So we joined up with some friends to check out the animals!

the kids loved hanging out with Brody and Parker, here is the four of them. I think this is the only time they were all in one spot and not running off in different directions.... good thing there was one adult to every child...:)


Aubree & Merrick being "Lions" on top of the lion!


Aubree insisted that I take pictures of EVERY animal, here's the first one we saw...


Then we were truly enlightened by nature when the zebra's decided it was time to get a little frisky!!

It is such a rarity to see baby zebra's being made I just HAD to share...... and by the way, I was NOT the only one taking pictures!!!


We had a good time on our "mini vacation" it was nice to get away and visit with friends. We took the kids swimming, to the nature center that I lived by for a few years, out to eat at all the good restaurants we don't have around here, & Cabela's to see dead animals, but of course the high light was the zoo!

with less than one week before school starts up again, I'm not sure I'm ready to send them away (except when they're fighting) It was really great to spend some fun time together, hope we're able to do it again soon!!

1 comment:

Stacy and Angela said...

Thanks for the zebra picture! I just spit diet coke on my computer screen! We love the Boise zoo....We usually walk through 2 times if it isn't too hot!!!