Saturday, August 1, 2009

Who would of ever thought????

My whole life I have HATED running!!


On June 1st a group of people were going to start training for a 5K.
for those of you who may not know 5K = 3.1 miles!!! It all sounded totally insane to me,there was no way I was going to PAY MONEY to RUN!!!

I couldn't hardly run one mile, what were these crazy people I call friends thinking?

so June 1st came, i went to my spinning class (which i love)planning to go right home after and Amy, the spinning teacher said "you can run with us, it's only 1 mile today and you can walk if you get tired"
what??!! ME???!!
but I did it and it was really a LOOONG mile.
SO that was the beginning of the END!! and every Thursday after spinning I ran with this training group.... the runs got further and further and further. Amy stopped telling me how far we would be running because I would whine about the horrible distance.

............. and before I knew it I was RUNNING!!!!! the whole way 2 miles, 3 miles, 3.6 miles and even 4.6 miles

last Saturday for pioneer day the stake had a fun run, and I RAN!! (it was a 5K)

and.........this 5K I've been "training/whining" for was today, and I DID IT!!!! I ran the entire way a little more than 5K, 3.6 miles!!


here I after I crossed the finish line! (in the middle of the pic, in pink)


my time was 40 minutes, and I wasn't even last!!!! how great is that!!!!

me at the park right after, I had to have one close up picture of me all sweaty and gross!


Now, guess WHaT?? I'm gonna keep running! Amy says I can be ready for a HALF MARATHON in October..... we'll just have to see about that.

7 comments:

A*Waite said...

Wahooo! Way to go for your first 5K. I haven't quite gotten back into running. But I will get there again. Where is your half marathon going to be?

Jamie said...

Great job! I hate to run to but have been thinking more and more I should take it up.

That Girl said...

You can totally do it! There's a great half marathon here in SLC in April and you even get a medal just for finishing. I keep mine hanging from my rearvie mirror just cause I actually made it without dying. Congrats on becoming a runner! :)

Jenn said...

So awesome! I love running, but I haven't done it for years. Walked with a friend 3 miles every morning, but even that stopped. Dumb me :P

Unknown said...

That is soooo awesome that you finished a 5K!!!! I'm slightly thinking of training for the half marathon you are wanting to do, but don't get your hopes up. I probably won't cause I hate running as much as you do. Congrats!

Higley's said...

I am soo proud of you!!! Maybe you can get me to go next time...haha

Pam Brumble said...

You're my idol!!! Good luck on your upcoming training!