Thursday, September 10, 2009

Two first days of Preschool

We have Merrick enrolled in two different preschools this year, hoping it will be extra helpful with his speech.


the first preschool started last week. I wouldn't say he is terribly excited about going, but once he's there he has fun!
he was refusing to pose for a picture for me so this is what I got. he kept telling me, " my teacher takes my picture!" He was pretty stubborn that morning refusing to bring along his backpack. (we've solved that one)and picking out his own outfit for the day!

Here we are. We got to school just in time to play with all the toys. I think he was a little nervous and kept telling me, "you stay at my preschool?" I'd say "for a little bit".. then he say, "no! a long bit!"
...but after we got to playing with the toys he was just fine with me leaving, even after a little bit!!



This week we started preschool #2 or his blue school, as Merrick calls it. This one he gets to ride the little bus. Once again he really wasn't wanting to pose for any pictures. So I ended up with this....

but as soon as the bus comes it's all good! He ran right out hardly stopping for a picture!

it turned out that was a super long day for this little guy. they have got a lot more kids than last year and it takes a lot longer to get them all picked up. he was on the bus close to 2 hours!!!!! just getting there (he was late) then it was another 2 hours getting home. He barely had time to play a little, have a snack and do one art project then it was off to a long ride home!

*they are working on getting another bus and until then I will be making the 10 minute drive to & from school...

I'm looking forward to getting all the kinks worked out, and schedules running smoothly. then, maybe I'll have a moment to be home ALL BY MYSELF!

No comments: