Friday, June 11, 2010

it's pretty sad at our house

Yesterday morning I put both dogs outside for a while just before I got into the shower. Just after 10am I noticed Alex barking at the door. He only does that when he's outside by himself, so I knew right away Cassie had escaped! (she's done it a time or two before, but this time I was a little more panicky because her ID tag was sitting on the counter waiting to be re-attached) I quickly went out front and started yelling for her and could not find her, that was a first. I'd always found her quickly the few times before. next step was to jump in the car and drive around the immediate area to find her....
she was gone!!
I had to leave for an appointment at 10:30, so I left, hoping she would be sitting next to her 'hole' she dug when I got home....
she wasn't.
so now after I've called two animal shelters, three vets, & put up posters, I'm feeling pretty sad and hopeless that we'll ever get her back. I know someone has picked her up, there aren't any dead dogs on the road. I'm just hoping they had good intentions and are looking for her home.



we really are missing her around here. Aubree feels like she's been around her whole life and she has been around long before Merrick was. Alex doesn't really know what to do, He's not eating, not barking at the doorbell, and following me very closely.




I've always loved this picture of Aubree when she was 2 giving her Cassie a hug!








Last night I had a horrible time putting the kids to bed, I haven't done that without Cassie right behind me begging for her treats for a long time.


I knew the day we got her, because she had been my Grandma's dog, that the day she was gone would be hard on me. I just thought it would be a few more years.

3 comments:

Higley's said...

Oh, that is a sad story! The pix of little Aubrey holding her doggie make it so sad!! I hope you find her! She got out the day I was there too remember? I hope she turns up, keep checking the shelters.

Mary and Gary said...

Hopefully you'll find her! I'll look for her when I drive around Jerome. Its crazy how much dogs become a part of your family! Good luck!

Unknown said...

That is so sad. I hope you find her soon!