Sunday, March 24, 2013

Double digits!!!

I cannot believe how incredibly fast a decade can fly by.

it really seems like it was just a few months ago we were holding this new baby in our arms and we were brand new parents!



... and Valentines day will never be the same!

we have been so blessed to have this wonderful young lady in our home for the last 10 years!


She was so excited about this Birthday because now she is  "DOUBLE DIGITS!!"
we were able to go on a special mom and Aubree birthday lunch to the fine dinning Establishment of McDonald's ( her choice)  I really do enjoy when we get those special one-on-one moments


this is the first year i did not make her birthday cake. She requested an ice cream tiger cake instead and that's what she got!



I did make some birthday cupcake to take to school. This year we had gummy bear cupcakes, because gummy bears are so cool now! she even has the jewelry to match her birthday cupcakes



me and my birthday girl!
 what a wonderful decade it has been, I love being her mom!! (most of the time)
and.... she absolutely loves that her birthday is Valentine's day! whenever someone asks her when her birthday is, she does not say February 14th. She always says Valentine's Day!! she really thinks its the coolest thing ever!



**********


two weeks later.... 

I went to Aubree's school to watch her dance with Drake

 the 4th graders had been working on a dance during their music/PE time for the month of February and Aubree got to be partners with her good friend Drake!!

(they've been friends for years and in the same class at school for the last 3)
we all think Drake is so cool! ;)






1 comment:

mcconnel's said...

It certainly is hard to believe. I can't have a grand daughter 10 years old! I can't imagine our lives without both of them. Take us to that rock next sping, also never beeen there.