This year because both kids are gone all day, I decided to substitute teach a few days a week. For 2 reasons.... 1st. It keeps me from sitting around the house all day, and 2nd so I will have something to do besides spend money!! I think Marc is mostly excited about #2.
And I've had some adventurish ( that's a word right?) days!!
My very first day I was in first grade and a little boy peed his pants before lunch!'
Or like when I had to teach 6th grade math!! Right after my 4th grader told me I wasn't allowed to help with her math.. Yep, that was a long day filled with calculators.
My other unforgettable day was when a 5th grader had a dead baby bunny in her pocket!!! ( By the way..... Her desk was really close to mine) it was a few hours into the day before her friend said she had something to show me... And then proceeded to pull her hand out of her pocket with "something that reminded me of a brand new puppy!!!!" When I questioned her about what it was ( after I regained my composure) she told me it was a baby bunny! I told her it couldn't live very long without its mommy. She said its back was broken and I realized it wasn't even a live bunny!!!! So I sent her promptly to the office where the poor office lady got the same scare I did..., the mother came and Got the bunny and we went on with the Rest of our day.
So I've had my adventures in subbing, but for the most part I enjoy my couple days a week as Mrs. Johns!
2 days ago





2 comments:
Being a sub is a way to always have a good adventure!!
You always wanted to be a teacher, glad you finally have the opportunity. Have fun!
Post a Comment