Saturday, August 24, 2013

Random summer stuff

I think we had a good summer. my kids might question that because we didn't have one huge vacation or a big exciting event. So this post kinda wraps up all those little events of summer.


Marc got golf clubs for Christmas and hadn't really ever golfed much. When I saw the Rec center advertising for golf lesson, I knew I needed to sign Marc up. He decided that I had to go with him. So I borrowed some clubs from a friend and Marc and I spent 3 days the end of July over at the golf course learning how to golf
and since really neither of us had ever golfed before. I think we both learned A LOT. and had a lot of fun too. Now we just need to find some time to actually go out and golf!


Once again, Pinterest is Awesome! and I decided that I could paint Aubree's nails all cutsie. I really like her toes the best!


And of course we had to check out the county fair!
both kids thought they needed to "buy" an animal while we were there. not a little bunny or chicken. They wanted a goat or a lamb! I'm still thinking on that one. I know they'd learn how to work and be responsible, I'm just not sure I want to go down that road


and fair food!! Aubree decided she liked elephant ears this year!


OH!  I cannot forget that we had a little outbreak of chicken pox! yep, that's right. CHICKEN POX!
I really am a responsible parent and had my kids vaccinated for all of these childhood diseases.
but somehow Merrick came down with these spots! It took me several days to decide that's what it was (because he had the shot, he shouldn't get chicken pox) 
on a Monday afternoon I noticed a rash on his neck, so I immediately gave him some benedryl to take care of it. 3 days later when the bottle was empty and he was still covered in spots, I took him to the Dr. to confirm what it was.  Because he had been vaccinated it was a very mild case and by Saturday he was good. He survived with very little itching too :)



Even though our summer was filled with appendicitis and chicken pox. we still were able to get in some pool time. I didn't quite achieve my goal of  "Mexican Brown" tan. but I did get some color and the kids got some extra swimming and diving board time in

Aubree and Mom on our last trip to the pool


I took the beehives bowling for an end of summer activity. I'm an awesome leader, by the way!
Aubree loves hanging out with them so she came along and had a great time! and totally beat my score!!


even though she loves hanging out with the beehives (girls ages 12-13)
I love that she still is a little girl and dresses up!  She is growing up so fast and so wants to be older than she is. so when she asks me to help her make a cape for super dog outfit. I cannot say no. I've got to soak up these days and let her be little for as long as possible



I'm not sure how I can have a post on "random summer stuff" and not include girls camp?! I was able to go to girls camp this summer with our young women & although I grudgingly drug my feet, it was fun. But check out this bug that tried to steal the show on skit night


of course we celebrated the 4th of July... Nothing too exciting. we went to a movie and watched fireworks. At this point Marc was still recovering from his surgery. so we kept it really low key. But we did let the kids play with a little bit of fire!



Merrick finger painted me this picture! He's such a cute kid! I sure do love him lots!


**we've got another full week before school starts and summer is over. We've got all our shopping done so we can fill these last few days with fun!

No comments: